The last third of the sixteenth century is the greatest splendour moment of Valdemorillo due to its proximity to the works of the new monastery and royal site of El Escorial.
Felipe II (1555-1598), chose Valdemorillo as the residence of Prince Muley Sheikh Xarife exiled from Morocco during his preparation for Baptism as Don Felipe of Africa. In his honour the town named a street.
In streets like the one of Los Reyes, the one of La Oliva or in the Real Street, jambs, lintels and heraldic shields are conserved like vestiges of the nobles who inhabited our town and testimony of the growth that the locality lived in that time.
Located on nº 28 of Real Street we find a beautiful arch of austere trace, whose two keys fit perfectly without the need of mortar.
In Nº 4 of Real Street we have a Gothic lintel with beautiful details in its portico. On its sides are missing some pieces of stone because during the Civil War the house was used as a settlement of the republican army, and as trucks did not enter through the door they eliminated part of the lintel, so that is why there is a slope in the jamb.
Located on Nº2 of de la Oliva Street is preserved the oldest coat of arms. It is believed to date from the seventeenth century and belongs to the Morillo family. The shield is located in the same place where the original house was.
At the Union Street, corner with the Constitution´s square in the bank´s facade is this small noble shield from which there is not much information known. Dated between the 16th and 17th centuries it is now difficult to find in the new bank´s facade.
Noble shield located in the courtyard of a private house in Plaza de Doña Ana de Palacio. Like in the previous ones it is not known exactly its date but it’s known that has several centuries of antiquity.