The building dates from 1860 and replaces the old town hall, built in 1732 on the same place where now a hostel is located.
Located in Plaza de la Constitución, it has witnessed many pages of the town’s history. Renovated in 2010, but respecting its traditional character in mortar and stone, it consists of 4 floors and an inner courtyard.
The clock that crowns it, belonged to the old factory of porcelain and glass, and its machinery is currently displayed in the Culture Centre.
On 2nd and 3th of February respectively from its balconies “chupinazo” is shot, which marks the beginning of Valdemorillo’s festivities in honour to Candelaria Virgin and San Blas. Formerly, the traditional bullfights were presided over from there.
On the consistorial façade there is a plaque which recognises to the Village the title of “Pueblo de la Tierra de Segovia” belonging to Sexmo de Casarrubios, framed at the same time in La Comunidad de la Ciudad y Tierra de Segovia to which it belonged until the division of this province in 1833 when a lot of villages that constituted it, became registered in Madrid.
Beneath this plaque, a granite stone coming from “Cantera de Navalacuerda”, in Peguerinos stands out. It was a gift from La Comunidad de la Ciudad y Tierra de Segovia as a symbol of its Segovian’s roots dating back to the XII century.
In 1988 one of these stones was given to each and every Village which belonged to a Sexmo (Group of Villages that shared property management) as a historical and cultural monument for these.
Valdemorillo got the title of Exempted from Segovia’s Villa in 1628. A fact that, some years ago, is remembered in September festivities with a street theatre play represented by the neighbours.